My boss is very generous. Every time I stop by her apartment, she insists on feeding me. The first time this happened, she prepared a Blue Apron meal. Blue Apron is a food subscription service that sends you fun recipes and the ingredients necessary to prepare that meal. Pretty cool.
This recipe is a variation of the Blue Apron meal we had. It’s a great dish to make if you need to get rid of vegetables in your fridge. I actually didn’t intend for it to be “rainbow” colored. The first time I made it, I used standard vegetables, but when I happened to go to the grocery store this week, everything was out of stock, so I ended up with a very colorful dish. Tastes great both ways!
Prep: 10 mins, Cook: 35mins; Yield: 4 servings
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 apples
- 10 small potatoes (blue, red, yellow… whatever you’d like!)
- 4 carrots
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- goat cheese (optional)
1. Chop all fruits and vegetables.
2. Coat with olive oil. Mix in garlic until well distributed.
3. Spread mix on baking sheet lined with foil and prepped with non-stick spray.
4. Bake 35 minutes or until roasted golden brown. While vegetables are baking, make quinoa on the stove top (follow instructions for the brand you buy).
5. Mix cooked quinoa with roasted vegetables. Top with goat cheese and enjoy!
Nom nom nom nom nom. And guys, this is healthy! Look at all that Vitamin A!