Yooooo. So here’s the second recipe for my September goal. Fish tacos.
I first had fish tacos at Grey Dog’s Coffee in Union Square (very good), then again at Cafe Habana in Soho (alright). Then, this summer in Korea, I had them again at Vatos and have been wanting to make them ever since. But, with the limited counter space in my kitchenette, that wasn’t happening. Now that I’m home, things’ve changed.
There are three separate recipes I combined to make these tacos. First, the chipotle mayo sauce. The recipe comes from here.
Prep: 5 mins
- 1 large egg yolk (I didn’t use the yolk, just the whites and it was still good.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
1. Whisk egg, salt, and mustard together in bowl. Add half of vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk.
2. Slowly whisk in half of olive oil until creamy. Add remaining vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk in remaining olive oil.
3. Let sit for an hour, then chill. Store in refrigerator up to one week.
Now, for the chipotle mayo. The recipe is a variation of the one here.
Prep: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Mix all ingredients together until well combined. (Easy!)
And there’s your sauce! Keep it in the fridge while you cook the rest of the meal so that it’s nice and cool when time to serve.