In Korea, at the Anne of Green Gables Cafe in Dongtan, the drinks are served alongside a dish of complimentary mini shortbreads. One of them was a matcha cookie that I’ve been wanting to make for while. So, here’s my go at it. The recipe I used is a combination of this one and this one.
Green Tea Shortbread:
Prep: 45 mins (15 mins active) Bake: 20 mins
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (use less for stronger green tea flavor)
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Cream butter in electric mixer. Add sugar and vanilla. Mix until fluffy.
2. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.
3. Slowly combine dry ingredients with butter.
4. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness on floured sheet of parchment paper.
5. Refrigerate dough for 30 mins, until firm.
6. Cut dough into desired shape and place on parchment paper covered baking sheet.
7. Bake about 15 mins or until edges begin to turn gold. Cool and enjoy!