A few weeks ago at Marche@, I had a delicious rice cake entree from Cafe EAT. I’m not sure what it was called, but it was so good I tried to replicate it. The dish I ended up making was super easy to chef. It didn’t taste exactly the same as Cafe EAT’s, but was pretty close. I based my experiment off this recipe.
Sweet Vegetable Tteok:
– fresh rice cakes (about 40 two inch rods)
– 1 yellow onion
– 1 cup mushrooms (I used oyster mushrooms… I think they’re oyster mushrooms…)
– 1 cup zucchini
– 1/8 cup soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
– 1 table spoon maple syrup (or honey)
– sesame seeds to taste (black or white)
1. Slice vegetables and sauté in sesame seed oil until golden brown.
2. Add rice cakes, soy sauce, and syrup to the pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes on med-low heat.
3. Garnish with sesame seeds.
And that’s it. So easy. So nommy. So nommy, teacha. Enjoy!
*After further research, I think what I ate from Cafe EAT was a vegetarian version of this dish.