Being that I got home at 7:30 am this morning, I planned to take it easy for the day and decided to make a real meal for myself since of late I haven’t bothered with much besides soup and boiled potatoes.
Chili was on my mind. As they say, you can take the girl out of the South, but you can’t take the South out of the girl. (Do they say that? I don’t know.)
Here’s the recipe I was working from. I amended it to work for my limited kitchen and selection of ingredients.
Easy Stovetop Chili:
– approximately 300g ground beef (I think I bought ground beef…)
– 2 chopped onions
– 4 cloves minced garlic (I used about 10 because I had a ton…)
– salt to taste
– 1 can whole tomatoes
– 1 can kidney beans
– 1 jar tomato sauce
1. Cook garlic, onions, and beef until meat has browned. Drain.
2. Stir in canned tomatoes and tomato sauce.
3. Cover and simmer for 40 mins.
4. Add beans and cook uncovered for about 15 mins.